So thankful for Melissa Horton, our Executive Director of Connections, who shared her story and her One Prayer with us yesterday!
Heal Me Lord and I will be healed, save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. (Jeremiah 17:14 NIV)
1. Ya’ll I have a “Heal Me” story but it’s not comfortable or safe or something I can talk about easily in front of, well, thousands of people.
2. That is my prayer for you guys today – that you will leave here with another weapon in your prayer arsenal to use in your daily life.
3. There is not a single person in this room that doesn’t need healing from something.
4. The First Ask Is Heal Me.
5. The Second Ask Is Save Me.
6. The Third Part Is Praise!
7. There is a basic formula for prayer outlined for us in the Bible and it ALWAYS involves thanks and praise.
8. It blesses God when we praise Him, and it’s like a double blessing to Him when we praise Him in the midst of a trial.
9. What praying this prayer does for me and what it can do for you is it shifts the focus of our situation off of ourselves and on to God. Heal Me, Save Me, Praise YOU.
10. Ask. Believe. Praise.
Check out the web notes this week for additional verses!