I woke up this morning and came face to face with the reality that there are only 2 more days until Christmas! Only 2 more days! You could get overwhelmed and think to yourself, there’s so much to do and so little time! Or you could calm your nerves and remind yourself, at least there’s still time! There’s still time to buy a last minute gift for a friend or text a loved one to say Merry Christmas. There’s still time to hit the grocery store and bake your favorite Christmas cookies. There’s still time to decorate the house or take a drive to look at Christmas lights. While all of these are important ideas that take time, here are two things that you still have time to do that could literally be life-changing!
1. There’s still time to download a ticket for A Waters Edge Christmas on Saturday, December 24. The service is going to be remarkable and the experience will bring Christmas home to your heart! We utilize tickets to ensure that everyone has a seat at the service time and campus location of their choice. Don’t delay, get your tickets today…while there’s still time.
2. There’s still time to invite a friend to A Waters Edge Christmas. Inviting doesn’t have to be difficult and it doesn’t have to create awkward conversations. It can simply be an ask…”would you like to sit me at church this Saturday?” Your invitation can literally change a life. It could be the greatest gift you give all season long. You’ve been putting it off – so go ahead now and text your friend, call your neighbor, stop by your co-worker’s desk…while there’s still time.
You only have 2 days left until Christmas! But you only have 1 day left until A Waters Edge Christmas. Get ready…while there’s still time.
1. On that first Christmas, God so loved you that He gave His absolute best gift to you…and so today, on this Christmas, because you so love God, you can give your absolute best gift back to Him.
2. During the craziness of Christmas, it’s easy to forget who is in the manger, and I hope our Heart For The House initiative has helped you with that this year.
3. A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices.
4. The message of Christmas is a thrill of hope for your weariness.
5. And we give today because we have hope and we give because we want to share hope.
6. How awesome would it be today if you left from here overflowing with hope so that in every encounter, in every conversation, in every interaction, with every person you come across, a little hope just spills out of your life and into theirs because you’re overflowing with it.
7. Hope says I can see it, I can sense it, I can feel it, I’ve just got to wait for God to deliver it!
8. Hope is the ability to see things differently and as I end this year, I’m ending with gratitude because what God has done in the past gives me hope for the future.
9. My heart is for this house, because this house is touching hearts and bringing hope to people who desperately need it.
10. This is over and above what you currently give because you are sowing a seed to end this year that I believe will cause a great harvest in the next year not only in our church, but in your life.
So thankful for Mike Hancock and for the message he shared with us yesterday!
1. How do you find peace in unavoidable circumstances?
2. How do you find peace with unbearable people?
3. How do you find peace when there are unexplainable problems?
4. How do you find peace you have uncontrollable worry?
5. I think these will help you find some peace that you have long needed.
6. Receive God’s Pardon
7. Run to God’s Presence
8. Respect God’s Principles
9. Rely on God’s Provision
10. When I pour into God, He’s going to pour back peace into me.
Our heart is for God’s house! During this season of celebration, we have an opportunity to give back to God from a heart full of gratitude and anticipation. Here are a few questions (and their answers) about Heart For The House:
Q: Why are we focusing on Heart For The House now, so close to Christmas?
A: Christmas is a season for giving…and Heart For The House is a way to challenge each of us to bring our best gift back to God’s house this year. Christmas also happens to fall at the end of the year and so Heart For The House is a way to end one year with gratitude and begin the next year with anticipation!
Q: Why is beginning a year with anticipation so important?
A: The way you start something often determines the outcome. We believe that starting the year with a generous gift is a step of faith that God will honor and bless all year long. The Bible teaches that if you sow generously, you will reap generously as well. By giving a Heart For The House Offering, you are positioning not only our church but also your house to be healthy and strong in 2017.
Q: What will the Heart For The House Offering be used for?
A: The Heart For The House Offering is really a way to ensure that our church ends one year and begins the next year healthy and strong. It’s a way to position our church for the New Year and any new opportunities for ministry that God might bring our way. A couple very practical items will be funding the location change for our Williamsburg Campus to move to the Regal Theaters and paying down an equipment loan we took for our Yorktown expansion.
Q: How can I give my Heart For The House Offering?
A: Together as a church family, we will all give our offering during the services on Sunday, December 18th. However, if you’re unable to attend or simply cannot wait to give, you can visit watersedgechurch.net/heartforthehouse and give today.
Q: Why are you (Stu) so excited about the Heart For The House Offering?
A: I’m personally excited about giving my Heart For The House Offering because I love the vision and the impact of our church. I’m excited about the offering because it’s stretching me to become more generous and less greedy. I’m excited because it’s focusing my attention during a crazy, hectic, demanding season on what is most important. I’m excited because our entire church is giving which means that I get to be a part of something bigger than myself and my resources. I’m excited to sow seed with faith and believe God for a generous return because a farmer who sows seed doesn’t lose his seed, he gains a crop. I’m excited because my heart is for the house!
1. Emmanuel = God With Us.
2. What Will You Do To Experience His Presence This Season?
3. God is with us, but are you with God?
4. If I’m not careful, celebrating Jesus will be the last thing I do during Christmas and so Heart For The House is a reminder and a challenge that as we celebrate the season, let’s always bring it back to the main thing.
5. What Are You Grateful For From 2016?
6. What Are You Anticipating God To Do In 2017?
7. What Would You Do Differently Tomorrow If You Became Convinced Today That God Was With You?
8. If you really became convinced today that God was with you, think about the prayers you would pray.
9. It would change the way you live tomorrow because our God is with us and if He is with us, He is for us and If God is for us, you tell me, who can be against us?
10. So the next time the old carol begins to play in the background, O Come O Come Emmanuel, something should rise up in your heart and say, He has come and He is here and that changes everything!
1. The rest I’m describing today is all about this: stop striving.
2. Rest is a state of your soul.
3. Rest is an awareness, that when I’ve done all I can do, God’s gonna do what He will do so I can rest.
4. I rest because Not Everything Is My Problem.
5. Rest is a reminder to prioritize that which matters the most to me and let go of the rest of it.
6. Rest means you have to say NO!
7. My Value Is Not Measured By Doing, But By Being.
8. We cause our kids to break the 4th commandment and we teach them to live at an unsustainable pace when we don’t set aside a day to rest and to worship our God.
9. I rest because I Can!
10. Whatever you’re facing, God’s got it so you can rest.
1. Forgiveness means I release the debt you owe to me.
2. I Forgive Because I Have Been Forgiven.
3. When you remember that you’ve done things that needed forgiveness, it puts forgiving others in the right perspective.
4. I Forgive Because Forgiveness Sets Me Free.
5. Unforgiveness is like a chain that keeps you tethered to your past.
6. Forgiveness won’t change the past, but it will change your future.
7. You may not be free from the consequences of hurt and pain that were caused to you, but you will be free from the pressure and the demands of bitterness and resentment and restitution and revenge.
8. I Forgive Because God Is Bigger Than The Offense.
9. When you forgive, it’s saying that God is bigger than my offense and I trust God to handle it on my account.
10. God is bigger than any offense and even when someone offends you and brings harm to you, God is so big that He can use even that for good.
1. Giving is scary. Giving is frightening. Giving is giving up control. Giving is loosening the grip. Giving requires faith. Giving requires trust.
2. I’ve got a list of 3 big reasons why I give big.
3. I Give Because God Says To Give.
4. God commands us to give because God knew long ago that a true test of a person’s heart starts with a person’s wallet.
5. Maybe that’s why He wants me to give, so my whole life will be prioritized and ordered around Him because listen, why would I trust God with prayers for my children or for my future or for my job or prayers for a sick loved one and not trust Him with my money?
6. I give because when I surrendered my life to God, I surrendered EVERYTHING.
7. I Give Because Giving Involves The Richest Person In The Universe In My Finances.
8. I want Him involved in my finances! And man, I want to model that kind of faith and trust and generosity for my kids.
9. I Give Because I Am In Love With The Mission Of Waters Edge Church.
10. I believe that God has given those of us in this church the resources He wants to use to build this church so that we can change the way more and more and more and more people think about church and so it’s my greatest honor and highest privilege to give my resources first and foremost here!