Happy Monday from Katie, Stu’s Assistant. I hope you joined us yesterday (and brought your mom)! We continued our series, “The Fight” and Stu had two special guests – his wife, Tabitha, and our Director of Guest Services, Melissa Horton. It was an awesome service. Here are a few of my favorite quotes:
1. Mommas at Waters Edge Church are scrappy!
2. Don’t you hate these moms that lie on Instagram?!
3. Moms tend to be their own worst critics.
4. You’re doing better than you think you are, mom!
5. Don’t carry that pressure of you have to be the perfect mom, capitalize on what you do well, succeed in those areas of your strengths, and minimize those weaknesses and realize hey, we’re going to make mistakes along the way, your kids are going to be okay with it.
6. The greatest, the highest calling, the highest level of responsibility for a parent is the spiritual formation of their kids.
7. Though there are times when we are instructing our kids and being intentional in the things that we’re teaching them about God, more often it is caught rather than taught.
8. If you will keep your kids here as a priority in your family you’ll see a difference in their lives.
9. You’re not fighting this battle alone, and it’s okay not to be okay, but you don’t have to stay that way, and you can get up and fight those giants.
10. Fight for that which is most important – fight for your marriage, come on, fight for your kids, fight for your faith, fight for your homes, some things are worth fighting for!
I’m a Christian…have been for most of my life. I am an expert on some of the dumb things that we, as Christians, have been known to say. Sadly, I’ve said my fair share of these top 10:
10. Let’s boycott Disney!
9. Your church isn’t deep enough.
8. We should really pray for < insert gossip >.
7. Our church is big enough.
6. I’m just not being fed here.
5. I ONLY listen to K-love.
4. I’ll pray about tithing.
3. Bless your heart.
2. I don’t know any non-Christians to invite to church.
1. What about me?
Coming soon: Top 10 Dumb Things Christians Do…stay tuned!
Happy Monday from Katie, Stu’s Assistant. I hope you made it to church yesterday for part 3 of “The Fight.” Here are a few of my favorite quotes:
1. If your aim and your target is to please God and live for Him, then I want you to know today that somebody’s aim and somebody’s target is to take you out.
2. This is Waters Edge Church, and there are a whole bunch of people in my church who have the devil shaking in his boots, pacing up and down the halls, hovering over your life cause he’s scared to death, he’s scared to death of what you might do next.
3. He is fighting against us. I’ve got good news though, he LOST!
4. Attack Who You Are.
5. You act according to who you think you are.
6. Remind You Of What You’ve Done.
7. If you are in Christ Jesus, you are not condemned, so stop letting the devil make you think you are.
8. Distract You From Where You’re Going.
9. Go to dramatic measures, do whatever it takes, because if you’re not careful, the devil will distract your heart and keep you from experiencing God’s best.
10. And here’s the best way I know to guard your heart… give your heart completely to God.
Happy Monday from Katie, Stu’s Assistant. I hope you joined us yesterday for part 2 of “The Fight” – “Sometimes You’ve Got To Fight.” If you missed it, you can watch it now. Here are a few of my favorite quotes:
1. It’s the ultimate underdog story. I’m talking about the showdown between big and small, between good and evil, between David and Goliath.
2. Have You Seen The Giant?
3. What is standing in the way of the future God wants for you?
4. I Will Fight.
5. Don’t you love the tenacity of David as he looks back at the faithfulness of God, back at how God has used him in the past, back at all that God has done with him and for him to prepare him for the battle in the future? And that’s exactly what you have to do.
6. The Battle Is The Lord’s.
7. You don’t read your Bible you miss out on stuff like that – “I will kill you and feed your dead body to the birds” – I like that!
8. David knew if you focus on the giants you stumble, but if you focus on God the giants tumble every single time.
9. When you fight God’s causes God’s way, you can be confident in the fight.
10. I Have Everything I Need To Win The War.
BONUS: A reminder of the blessing Stu declared yesterday:
When I stand before you I am standing before a room full of strong and mighty warriors. You are equipped and able to win the battle because God’s spirit is on the inside of you. I believe and declare that greater is He that is in you than he is that is in the world. I believe and declare that no weapon formed against you will prosper. That though your enemies may come at you one way, they will flee from you in seven. I believe that you are the head and not the tail. I believe that you are above and not beneath. I believe that you are more than a conqueror through Him who loves you and that you are an overcomer and you will overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of your testimony. And I believe this today – I believe that you have everything you need to win the war because the battle belongs to the Lord, so go fight. Go fight.
There are enough unenjoyable things in life…church shouldn’t be one of them. That’s why one of our values around Waters Edge is…Church Should Be FUN!
-Fun is engaging.
-Fun is disarming.
-Fun is relatable.
-Fun is enjoyable.
-Fun is unexpected.
-Fun is exciting.
I love that we have FUN at Waters Edge. Of course, our driving force behind fun at church is our passion to reach people who are far from God and change the way they think about church! Unchurched people love having fun at church – especially unchurched men. I say it like this all the time: men love 2 things….1 of them we can’t do in church; the other 1 is FUN! If you want to reach people far from God and disconnected with His church, have a little fun!
Our team put together a really FUN video for our Easter Services…I hope you enjoy it!