1. I’ve never run out of gas on a road trip, but I’ve got to be honest and tell you that there have been plenty of times where I’ve felt like I’m running out of gas in my life.
2. For every person out of gas today, here is the message: don’t give up.
3. The greatest breakthroughs in life come from endurance, persistence, perseverance, and determination.
4. On the one hand, these verses address those who are starting to blend in too much and on the other hand, it addresses Christians who were saying this is just too hard to follow Jesus and so we’re gonna give up on Jesus.
5. The ability to persevere, the ability to endure, is really what leads to lasting greatness.
6. Continuing even when everything within you wants to slow down or give up is what defines true spiritual maturity.
7. # 1. Perseverance Is Built Under Pressure.
8. God told me to tell you to stay under construction because God is completing something in you. And the construction phase ain’t easy but the finished product is going to be amazing in your life!
9. # 2. Perseverance Is Built On A Person.
10. Look away from everything else in this world, look away from every other circumstance in the world, look away from every other hardship in the world, and focus on Jesus, that’s how you persevere.
1. If you’re trying to find something that brings your life more meaning, or more purpose, or more satisfaction, or more joy, or more peace, or more fruit, how do you get there?
2. …a whole crowd of people in heaven who lived a better story and their story tells us our story can be different.
3. We’ve got a lane marked out for us and we are to run the race, we are to stay in our lane and keep running until the finish line.
4. Jesus is seated, which tells me that there’s nothing in your life, or in mine, or in this world that He cannot handle.
5. They got through it, Jesus got through it, and you can get through it.
6. Keep Your Junk In The Trunk.
7. Most of us don’t move into our future because we are stuck in our past.
8. Any time the Devil brings up something from your past, he’s trying to distract you from something in your future.
9. Fix Your Focus In Front.
10. The Bible says what you look to is the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, Jesus Christ, that’s where you look.
1. I only want for my life what God wants for my life because what God wants for my life is always the best thing for my life.
2. I’m going to give you a little formula of sorts and if you’ll use this formula, if you’ll go through the process, you can know God’s will.
3. This is not a tough question to answer; it’s a tough question to live.
4. I’m going to give you four questions to ask of every decision, of every opportunity, so that you might know God’s will.
5. Have I Surrendered My Will To God’s Will?
6. What Does The Bible Say?
7. What Do Godly Advisors Say?
8. You need some people who know the Bible, walk with God, are invested in your life, and who have made wise choices themselves.
9. Do I Sense God’s Peace?
10. It’s a better way of living when you live submitted, and according to the Bible, with Godly advisors, and your heart is at peace.
We are making it easy for you to connect at Waters Edge through volunteering as a Summer Volunteer! Here are 5 reasons to try it:
1. It is a short-term commitment.
2. No experience is necessary.
3. You can try something new.
4. It’s an opportunity to give back.
5. It’s fun!
To get more information and to sign up, check out our website.
Tab shared a powerful message yesterday as we celebrated Mother’s Day!
1. You’ve Got To Fix Your Focus.
2. Our focus should be on Christ when we are in crisis.
3. When Jesus is our focus, everything is not going to be perfect, but what we will have is His perspective and His wisdom in the battle and that’s what gets you through.
4. The Battle Is Not Yours.
5. We fight battles all the time that aren’t ours, don’t we?
6. If you have fixed your focus on Him, then you’ve done your part, that’s your part, and now you have to let God do the rest.
7. Find Your Fight Song.
8. Praise will put your problems in perspective.
10. Rest realizing that He loves you and has a plan for you and you are His delight and when the world says, “Measure up!” He says that you already do!
Happy Mother’s Day!
I have a secret to tell you that might actually surprise you: I love raising teenagers. Don’t get me wrong, it is definitely not always unicorns and rainbows in our house but I am loving this stage of parenting with my kids.
On the top of my “I love raising teenagers” list are the spiritual conversations I get to have with my teenagers! Now typically those conversations aren’t like you would imagine. We don’t sit on our floor at night holding hands, praying and reading the Bible with the Waters Edge band playing softly in the background. No, instead our conversations happen when I take the time with our kids to talk about their life and point them toward God and His Word. Here are a few things that I have done to open up these conversations and make them feel like a normal and natural part of my parenting:
• I try to weave spiritual principles and God’s Word into our daily dialogue. When our kids have a difficult time with a friend I text them a verse about being a good friend or when they have a difficult time with a teacher, I talk to them about the spiritual principle of honoring authorities.
• I ask our kids questions…lots of questions. I try to get more specific than just, “How was your day?” I ask them questions specifically about their friends, teachers, coaches, and groups. And then I listen!
• I pray with our kids. One of my favorite things is to pray for specific things in their lives so they can see that prayer is meaningful and important.
• I utilize the time in the car for either listening to Christian music or discussing life. When I take the girls to school, sometimes I will read a verse and we will talk about it.
• I make church more than a Sunday event. Our church is a part of our lives and we talk about it throughout the week. We prioritize Sundays, volunteering, and groups. I talk about what we learned and remind them of it during the week. And we always try to share it with others through inviting.
I don’t always get this right. Sometimes, I miss a moment because I’m too busy looking at Facebook or just plain tired at the end of the day. But, mommas, I know that we can do this. There’s really nothing more important that I can do for my teenagers than this! The Bible says, “And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.” (Deut. 6:6-7)
No matter which stage of life that you find yourself in as a mom today, you can pass along spiritual guidance to your kids through simple conversations. I know you can and I want you to know…I’m cheering you on!
P.S. It would mean the world to me if you would help me pack out the house with a whole bunch of mommas on this Sunday for Mother’s Day at Waters Edge!
1. The Heaven Of Today Is Not The Same As The Heaven Of Eternity.
2. Heaven Is Awesome!
3. Most of all it’s going to be awesome because Jesus is there and we will be with Him forever.
4. There are Rewards In Heaven.
5. You don’t get to heaven by doing good works but you do get rewards in heaven for doing them.
6. Heaven Is Not The Default Destination.
7. I’m going to Refocus My Attention from earth to eternity.
8. The whole point of living is to know God in this life and then leverage this life for others to know God.
9. I’m going to Reach As Many People As Possible.
10. I’m going to Renew My Relationship With Jesus.
1. There is gonna be no zombie apocalypse, you don’t have to prepare for that, but there will be the end of the world and you’d better be ready.
2. When sin entered the world this perfect world became imperfect and God began a redemptive plan, He began a restorative process, way back then that continues today and it’s a plan not just to bring His lost children back home into relationship with Him but it’s a plan to restore the world to the way it once was.
3. The end of the world will be signaled by the Return Of Jesus.
4. There are four words that I think every Christian alive today should know… these four words of Jesus: I Will Come Back.
5. After the return of Jesus, you can count on this, there will be the Rapture Of Living Christians.
6. That leads to the third thing that’s gonna happen, which is going to be really awesome, that’s going to be the Reunion With Jesus.
7. The Bible tells us that we will Reign With Jesus for all eternity and the world will be as He intended it to be.
8. Nobody knows whether you have another day or not – it’s the end of your world.
9. We are experiencing the end of the world but the end of the world is not all there is.
10. You want to know how you get ready for the end of the world? You know Jesus, you live for Him.
Are you ready for the end of the world?
1. We will possibly never fully understand why bad things happen to good people but He is God and we are not, and when you can’t see His plan and you can’t follow His hand, you can always trust His heart because He is good!
2. Here’s reason #1 bad things happen to good people: because You Live In A Broken World.
3. You can allow the trouble of this world to make you question God or you can allow it to make you cry out to Him.
4. You Brought It On Yourself.
5. Bad things happen to good people ‘cause good people make bad choices.
6. God Wants To Do Something Big In Your Life.
7. God took something painful and made something beautiful from it.
8. God Is Doing Something In You.
9. If you’ll let God use the fire, He will refine you.
10. When bad things happen, God is still good.
1. The first group of people that we find in the Easter story… were Seekers.
2. For every Seeker, Easter’s answer is Presence.
3. Because Jesus is with you, He is for you, and if He is for you, who dare be against you?
4. This second group was a group of Skeptics.
5. Easter’s answer to every Skeptic is simply Perspective.
6. Jesus can make your life better and He can make you better at life.
7. It is my hope and prayer today that really this group will be the one that all of us can relate to before we leave from here – that third group was Believers.
8. Easter has an answer for every Believer too, and that is Power.
9. The same power that caused Jesus to conquer death, hell, and the grave lives in you so because of the resurrection there is nothing He cannot do in you.
10. That’s the Easter question today: Do you believe?