Happy Monday from Katie, Stu’s Assistant! I hope that you joined us yesterday for an awesome talk called “How To Survive The End Of The World”. I had trouble narrowing down my favorite quotes, but here are a few of them:
1. The world is coming to an end and you’ll experience it in one of two ways
#2 Jesus Returns
2. The world as we know it will end, but there’s a better world waiting for us.
3. This old world is not our home, we’re just passing through on our way to the other side and so you don’t have to fear death.
4. Our faith is built on Jesus and the fact that he actually defeated death on our behalf.
5. The darkest days of death are overwhelmed in the victory of the resurrection!
6. If you want to know how to survive the end of the world as you know it, then you’ve just got to know Jesus and live for Him before you die. That’s it.
7. Everything that we prioritize and pour into, all of our time and effort and energy that we spent on this world, it’s all temporary.
8. This is not my home, it’s temporary and so are all of the struggles and difficulties and hard aches and disappointments that accompany this life.
9. This world is not all there is.
10. If death is inevitable and Jesus is coming back, we need to be ready and so do the people we know and love.