1. Faith overrides fear.
2. When we draw near to God and declare His promises together, the enemy has to flee.
3. In the times and seasons and moments of life where you might least expect it, fear steps in and steps up and forces you many times to step down.
4. Fear always makes us run from God’s best for our future.
5. Some of you are painting the walls of your life with the wrong color. You’re painting them with fear and I want to teach you today to paint them with faith.
6. The atmosphere of your life is set in place by what you choose to focus on.
7. “Fear Takes Over When I Give More Weight To My What-ifs Than What God Says.”
8. When you feel fear, let it trigger you to turn to the word of God and eat it up.
9. The promise of God for your life today is greater than the fear the devil wants you to feel today.
10. When Fear Forces You To Retreat, God’s Promises Compel You To Advance.
Archive for the ‘Post’ Category
1. Fear forces us to forfeit God’s best for our lives.
2. Fear restricts while faith releases!
3. What Is This Fear Keeping Me From?
4. Fear is based in deception while faith is based on truth.
5. Is This Feeling Based On Truth?
6. Fear says: “what if” while faith says, “God can.”
7. Stop letting the devil’s lies keep you from God’s promises.
8. Fear looks out and around…Faith looks up and in.
9. Faith knows on the other side of my fear is my future and nothing is going to keep me from God’s best for my life.
10. Where Are My Eyes?
Yesterday, Mike Hancock, our Executive Director of Ministries, finished up our GOAT series strong with Moses, The Story Of An Angry Man. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from his talk:
1. His first 40 years, he spent in Egypt.
2. He knew God’s will, but he didn’t bother to seek God’s timing.
3. His next 40 years, he spent in the desert.
4. The desert is where God likes to speak.
5. God could have delivered all of His people all by himself, but He tends to use people as His instrument, and He often uses the ones that have made mistakes in their past.
6. When we feel like a nobody, we often miss the promises of God, don’t we?
7. The last 40 years, he spent in the wilderness.
8. Trust In God Is Displayed Through Obedience.
9. When you experience failure it often prompts a teachable spirit.
10. God is just looking for someone with ears to hear His voice, and hands to do His work, and a heart that beats the way His beats.
1. You’re part of a movement, part of a mighty army that is going to march into our communities and into our cities and into the lives of people who need us the most this week and we’re going to get our hands dirty and we’re going to do whatever it takes to tangibly show the love of Jesus because today officially kicks off LOVE WEEK 2017!
2. I love Love Week and let me tell you why, because I know with my crazy, busy, self-centered schedule, I need to be pushed every once in a while to do something for someone else. To do something that might make me uncomfortable. To do something that might take away time and energy from things I really like to do or even need to do.
3. Love Week can make you the GOAT!
4. Jesus, the Greatest Of All Time, the true GOAT, says service defines greatness.
5. “Other’s first” defines maturity.
6. This is why one of our values, like one of our defining statements that describes the people of Waters Edge Church, is: It’s Not About Me, It’s About Others!
7. The Discipline Of Serving Others Defines True Greatness.
8. Serving Others Satisfies.
9. I want us to serve our cities and communities and our neighbors in such a way this week that it changes their lives and it changes ours.
10. And I guarantee you something today. If you’ll give us an hour or two and pour into a project this week, you will change a life and you might be surprised to discover that the life you change is actually yours.
A big ‘thank you’ to Patrick Ondrey, our Executive Director of Operations, who challenged us yesterday with his GOAT: David. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from his talk:
1. Greatness Is Established In Faithfulness.
2. Lots of people want to kill giants… but a lot of people aren’t willing to be content protecting the sheep.
3. If you will faithfully serve, God will faithfully bless.
4. Greatness Is Established Through Preparation.
5. You cannot underestimate the importance of preparing to meet life’s challenges.
6. Greatness Is Established Through Unwavering Confidence.
7. Don’t lose your confidence in who God created you to be.
8. Greatness Is Established By Facing Your Fear.
9. Make the choice to face your fears, especially when that fear gets between you and the life you want to live.
10. God wants you and I to engage life, He wants us to engage our gifts and our abilities and use them for His glory and for victory in your life.
I loved hearing from our Executive Director of Creative Arts, Caleb Landon, yesterday! Here are a few of my favorite quotes from his talk:
1. Your story is not done yet.
2. Faith is not getting from God what I want; it’s accepting from God what He gives.
3. We can’t force our way into the future God has for us.
4. I can’t do anything about the outcome but I can do everything about my obedience.
5. Faith doesn’t take the weight off of my life but it shows me how to handle it.
6. Don’t let the pain of your past rob you of facing your future.
7. God’s Plan Is Far Greater Than Our Own.
8. God Provides And Blesses Those Who Trust And Obey Him, No Matter What The Circumstance.
9. We Are Not Defined By What Happens To Us; We Are Defined By What God Is Doing Through Us.
10. God doesn’t need us but He wants us.
1. We just think Jesus is too good to keep to ourselves, so make sure you’re inviting for next weekend.
2. I also just want to make sure you know that WEC Love Week is coming soon (July 24-29) everybody!
3. God wired you for freedom.
4. Freedom Comes With Responsibility.
5. I just want to say to you today be careful that you never let the responsibilities of following Jesus steal the joy, steal the thrill, steal the excitement and wonder and awe of the freedom we find in Jesus.
6. Celebrate Your Freedom!
7. Please never let the responsibility of your freedom overshadow the joy of it.
8. The responsibilities of your faith are the privileges that accompany the freedoms of your faith and if you would celebrate the freedoms of your faith you would embrace the responsibilities of it.
9. When you celebrate the price paid for your freedom, you’re much more likely to embrace the responsibility of your freedom.
10. We have freedom and we should celebrate it with our worship and with our life.
1. Everybody needs an anchor.
2. I don’t know about you, but I know about me and my soul needs an anchor.
3. What do you anchor your soul to?
4. So here are two realities that we live with: There is trouble in this world, but Jesus has overcome this world and all its trouble.
5. You need an anchor for your soul that transcends the world.
6. He is the anchor that will not ever disappoint, never ever let you down, not ever let you go because He has overcome the world!
7. The Anchor Does Its Best Work Where No One Ever Sees It.
8. And when I can’t see Him, and I can’t sense Him, and I don’t understand Him, I know He is beneath the surface of my life doing His best work in me so I’m going feed my faith and starve my fear.
9. The Anchor Holds Onto You.
10. Why don’t you hook your soul to Jesus today?
1. We’re all on a road trip… I want to help you get where God wants you to go, God’s way.
2. Don’t Be So Destination-Minded That You Miss The Journey.
3. I’ve found that what God wants to do in you and through you on the journey is far more important than where God wants to take you in the end.
4. So I know you want to get to the next stage of your life, but you would be wise to slow down and enjoy the stage you are in right now.
5. Don’t Become So Consumed By Your Blessing That You Miss The Purpose Of The Blessing.
6. You are blessed to be a blessing.
7. The more of a blessing you become, the more blessed you will be.
8. She even taught [her student group girls] this little saying that they taught me that night: Modest is hottest.
9. Don’t Let Living Cause You To Miss The Point Of Life.
10. You are on the earth so that you might live your life to know Jesus and then leverage your life to help others know Him. That’s the purpose of life!