1. We will possibly never fully understand why bad things happen to good people but He is God and we are not, and when you can’t see His plan and you can’t follow His hand, you can always trust His heart because He is good!
2. Here’s reason #1 bad things happen to good people: because You Live In A Broken World.
3. You can allow the trouble of this world to make you question God or you can allow it to make you cry out to Him.
4. You Brought It On Yourself.
5. Bad things happen to good people ‘cause good people make bad choices.
6. God Wants To Do Something Big In Your Life.
7. God took something painful and made something beautiful from it.
8. God Is Doing Something In You.
9. If you’ll let God use the fire, He will refine you.
10. When bad things happen, God is still good.
Archive for the ‘Post’ Category
1. The first group of people that we find in the Easter story… were Seekers.
2. For every Seeker, Easter’s answer is Presence.
3. Because Jesus is with you, He is for you, and if He is for you, who dare be against you?
4. This second group was a group of Skeptics.
5. Easter’s answer to every Skeptic is simply Perspective.
6. Jesus can make your life better and He can make you better at life.
7. It is my hope and prayer today that really this group will be the one that all of us can relate to before we leave from here – that third group was Believers.
8. Easter has an answer for every Believer too, and that is Power.
9. The same power that caused Jesus to conquer death, hell, and the grave lives in you so because of the resurrection there is nothing He cannot do in you.
10. That’s the Easter question today: Do you believe?
1. It’s Not About Me; It’s About Others.
2. I actually end up being most fulfilled, and most satisfied, and most contented, and most like Jesus when I embrace this value.
3. When you put the needs of someone else ahead of your own needs, God meets your needs.
4. When you empty yourself, God fills you back up.
5. Nothing says it’s not about me, it’s all about others quite like bringing somebody to Jesus ‘cause nothing says I care about you and I want what’s best for you than offering Jesus to you ‘cause Jesus is the most important thing I could ever give to you!
6. “Come and see!” is the easiest, best, and most convincing invitation in the whole wide world.
7. Prioritize Conviction Over Comfort.
8. Prioritize You Over Me.
9. Prioritize Jesus Over Everything Else.
10. Three days later Jesus Christ rose again and He’s alive today and we believe the whole world should know!
A big shout out to Mike “Moose” Hancock for preaching yesterday! #mypeople
1. One of the things that Jesus prayed for was unity and He actually prays it for us.
2. A lot of times our expectation is that Jesus should answer our prayers but this is a time where Jesus is expecting us to answer His prayer.
3. The effectiveness of our message is impacted by whether or not we can be unified with each other.
4. We have a common enemy as a church and it’s not people because when they become our focus we wind up missing out on the mission that He has for us.
5. When Jesus prayed this prayer for us to stay focused He did that so that others would know God sent Jesus and that they would know that He loves them as much as He loves His Son.
6. When we don’t have purpose, the trivial things, they become important to us…when we have purpose, the right things become important and we can solve the trivial things again and again.
Four Tiers of Church Unity:
7. Choose to BELONG.
8. Choose to SHARE.
9. Choose to DO MY PART.
10. Choose to BE DEVOTED.
1. My goal today is everybody without a group gets one.
2. Groups are where you Connect, Care, and Grow.
3. You need a Group to Connect.
4. You need to be connected…because that’s how God designed you and that’s how God designed the church.
5. You need some people to help you see your life differently, to help you see Jesus differently, to help you see the Scriptures differently, to help you see the world differently.
6. Groups are where you Care.
7. Groups are our system for care.
8. Groups are where you Grow.
9. I just don’t believe there is any better way to help you grow spiritually than a group.
10. And I know maybe you didn’t know you need it, and I know you probably don’t want it, and I know most of you don’t have time for it, but as one who keeps watch over your soul, I want you to have it because you need #mypeople to connect, care, and grow.
1. We’ve worked so hard for 14 years to change the way people think about church, what if we’ve screwed it up?
2. So the good news: this is Jesus’ church that Jesus is building which means that Jesus is in charge and so we can’t screw it up because it’s His in the first place!
3. You can’t mess up the style but you can mess up the mission and so as a church, a body of believers gathered together called Waters Edge, we must always be on guard that we never mess with the mission.
4. Be Jesus to the world today and if you get that right, the rest won’t matter.
5. Jesus didn’t give us a style guide but He did give us a mission and let me just tell you this, the mission can’t move forward without you.
6. Without You, Something Is Missing!
7. Imagine what we could do if everybody played their part.
8. Without Us, Something Is Missing for you.
9. And if you’re just sitting on the sidelines, watching from the bleachers, you’re missing out on God’s design for your life and you’re causing us to miss out on God’s design for the church.
10. Without You As Part Of Us, The Mission Is Missing Something.
Which next step do you need to take?
1. There’s no other way to explain what God has done: four campuses, life change, moments shared… you’re standing in the middle of a miracle.
2. We want to see a miracle, we want to see this mighty movement of God, we want to see this bold answer to prayer, we want to see this wow moment in our lives, but more often than not could it be that we’re right in the middle of it and we just fail to recognize it?
3. And so I just decided as we celebrate our 14th birthday there ain’t no way, no way, I’m going to let you walk away and miss the miracle.
4. You’re in the middle of a miracle because Jesus Is Building It and anything that Jesus builds is a miracle.
5. It’s a miracle because People Far From God Are Coming To It.
6. Jesus wants His house full of those who are far from God and that’s the church we’ve always wanted to be.
7. There is nothing deeper spiritually than being on mission with God and bringing His lost children home.
8. It’s a miracle because God Is Using Us To Do It.
9. There is nothing greater on this earth to invest your time, and your energy, and your resources, and your talents, and your life into than the local church…
10. We think this is the church that He is building, a church that can change your life, change our communities, change your cities, and ultimately can change your world, it’s a miracle!
1. You have or you need #mypeople because you were designed by God to have some people and to be a person for some people.
2. You should know that one of our top priorities for a Sunday is that nobody sits alone because God doesn’t want any of us to sit alone, not in His house and not in our lives.
3. We want to be the church where you connect. Where you grow. Where you discover what it really means to follow Jesus and live your life for Him. Where you’re on mission, and making a difference, and becoming all that God wants you to be. We want to be the church where these are your people not just on Sunday, but these are your people for Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday too.
4. We unite around passion, and around purpose, and around mission, vision, and values, and most importantly around the person of Jesus Christ.
5. We is always greater than me!
6. You need the people on your row and sitting in front of you and behind you because God has placed us here as the body of Christ called Waters Edge Church and we must be the church together.
7. Three reasons that nobody sits alone. #1, nobody sits alone because: Alone, You Will Quit…But Together, You Will Overcome.
8. #2, because Alone, Your Perspective Is Flawed…But Together, Your Perspective Is Complete.
9. #3. Nobody sits alone because Alone, You’re A Target For The Enemy…But Together, You Will Defeat The Enemy!
10. There is a level of living and a level of your faith that you’ll never reach alone. You need #mypeople.
1. Two remaining topics of: Communication and Money.
2. Fellas, the most romantic four words that you could ever use, write these down, are the following four: “and then what happened?”
3. All the LADIES, listen to me now. Your #1 communication problem is…you nag!
4. You speak to your man like he’s your knight in shining armor and he might be riding a white horse the next time you see him!
5. MEN, you have a communication problem too and your biggest communication problem is that you’re too harsh.
6. Our communication needs work and our money needs work!
7. Whether you’re married or single, whether you’re young or old, rich or poor, please hear your pastor on this: Most of the stress and strife and conflict and turmoil that you experience financially, you don’t have to!
8. We operate on the Give-Save-Spend Budget.
9. If you can communicate about your money, you can stop fighting about your money.
10. Love Experiment #4 is this: Have A Budget Meeting this week!
You can find the budget spreadsheets at watersedgechurch.net/financialresources.